Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ask the person below you a question

4 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

ask the person below you a question - Page 16 Empty Re: ask the person below you a question

Post by Miss Valentine Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:51 am

We would appreciate them. I miss them, and hopefully Firesnake will be back soon....

Probably Cities Of Gold, back in the '80s when I was just a kid and Japanese dubs of anime were just starting to appear on TV. I liked Ulysses aswell ^^

How many animes do you know from that time period?
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female
Number of posts : 4653
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

ask the person below you a question - Page 16 Empty Re: ask the person below you a question

Post by JET73L Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Maybe four. Only two I can think think of right now are the original Astro Boy (which I couldn't stand, nor the remake), and A Ninja Named Hippo (not one episode of which have I seen).

What is your favorite anime? Continuous or one-shot "newspaper comic" style?
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:15 am

I dun like Astro Boy either >.<

Hmmm I prefer continuous, although I've seen some good ones in the latter style, some made by a friend.

So what's your view on dubs and subs?
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:18 pm

If it's got decent voices, and makes sure to replace wordplay jokes with appropriate jokes understandble in english, and doesn't mess up the mouths, or if the japanese language version is completely annoying, then yeah, in those cases I prefer dubs. If the dub isn't very good, or has badly chosen voice actors, or there are important nuances that can't be translated vocally, then subtitles.

I was actually asking:
What is your favorite anime series? (you can choose from any type of anime, from animes based on continuous manga stories, like Fullmetal Alchemist, or from series based on newspaper-comic style anime such as Azumanga Diaoh.)
My fault for being unclear.

So? Favorite anime? And favorite manga, if I haven't asked?
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Oh right sorry >.<

Favourite anime so far is Tenchi Muyo, it always cracks me up, oh and Cities Of Gold of course Very Happy

Favourite manga- can't decide between Love Hina and Deathnote at the moment, although my tastes are always subject to change ^^

Have you read anything new lately that you could reccommend from the anime/manga section?
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:46 pm

The only new mangas I've read recently were Rabbit Doubt (freaky, and unfinished as yet), Elfin Lied (kind of a more gory version of... Well, I forget, but several characters are schizophrenic chobits character clones with invisible psychic arms), and Elfin Leid is good, if depressing, but I would not recommend Rabbit Doubt to anyone who didn't like Battle Royale, or is afraid of evil-looking rabbits or rabbit masks. Oh, Dragin Drive was pretty good. And Tsubasa/xxxHolic is pretty good, it's not new but I just started reading the again and both are good.
I have seen a new anime recently, though, Lucky Star. I would recommend it, it's kind of like Azumanga Diaoh with fewer characters. And I should have at leasty two or three more suggestions for anime over the next few weeks.

What are the most useful sources of anime or maga, in your opinion? (like television, mangazines, online translations, video/bookstores)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Definitely bookstores, I've gotten the best quality manga from there. I don't mind reading it online but I hate pop-ups and sometimes the translation is dodgy >.<

For anime I would say a videostore, though magazines are useful for finding out what's new. You can find some adverts in the back of manga too for animes.

Have you ever been to a convention? I'd love to go to one, haven't ever done that.
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:52 pm

No, I recieved a ticket to the KC Comicon one yeear, but somethign else came up (I don;t even remember what it was). The anime club tries to arrange a visit to one of the Cons each year, so I may end up at an anime convention somethime next spring, or even this winter.

What convention (aside from E3) would you most like to attend? Anywhere in the world, so TGS or that one in france are options.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:32 am

Hmmmm probably the Square Enix convention DKΣ3713, which was apparently rather controversial this year (something about announcing they were going to mention something and then not mentioning it at all, which made fans a bit mad)

What do you think of the news that Square Enix is gonna merge with Temco? (haven't looked on FFNet yet to check)
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:15 pm

It could turn out well, but my guess is that it's not good news.

What was the deal with DK(sigma)3713?
Or, a question with a more useful answer,
How do I find out the Unicode for all the different symbols not on the keyboard?
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:31 pm

The first question I can answer, the second one I can't >.<

DKΣ3713 was supposed to make a "shock" announcement regarding the FFVII compilation, but not to do with Advent Children:Complete. However this didn't happen. Some people still think there might be something at the Tokyo Game Show but I'm not gonna hold my breath Sad

What do you think such an announcement might have been, or still could be?
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:52 pm

"We have decided to remake Dirge of Cerberus for the PS3 due to its fan populargharghargh" *dies under surge of betrayed FFVII fans*

What are some of the codes for different symbols that you use, like the sigma in DKΣ3713? Or do you just copy/paste them all?

(I ought to make a copy/pasted text file of all sorts of different text symbols)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:36 am

I copy and paste because I'm dumb >.< I'm aware of a few of the symbols and their names and meanings, but I don't know how to do them. And yeah a guide would be really helpful ^^

How many of them do you know?
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:24 pm

If you mean unicode, one. The Eye of the Basilisk (U+FDDO). And, for safety reasons, no text system will show it (the excuse is because it would petrify [permanently] people who say it rendered, but really it's just part of a series of code that, under normal circumstances, does nothing. I thinkm it may have been to leave space for more chatracters, but I'm not sure). If you mean which symols tdo i understand, lots. I couldn't tell you which.

What is your favorite alphabet/syllabic writing system/pictographic writing system?
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Pi (would place it here if I knew how)

And what's yours?

Oh and why do people keep teasing me >.<
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:38 pm

I don't know why people are making fun of you, but I happen to like the Bionicle writing system, which is a series of circles with lines and dots in that correspond to the english alphabet.

What is your favorite character/design in japanese writing? Or even the first one you can think of. Or, failing that, your favourite greek letter.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:36 am

I like some of the Hiragana and Katakana, for their simplicity of design, plus they seem to make the Japanese writte language look unique compared to Kanji which is so close to Chinese. Plus it's nice to practice the simpler ones, trying to make them look effortless. "No" is my favourite Hiragana because it's the first one I ever learned and it looks a bit like a stylistic heart to me o.o

Same question since it's interesting ^^
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:18 pm

First one I could recognize. n. there's also another, I can't find t right now, but it means tiger... and it looks like a cat with stripes on!
Also, 私の皮はインクを含んでいる is interesting. It's a bit long for a tattoo, but it translates roughly to "I have ink in my skin."

What is your favourite irony (fictional or not)?
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Hmmm irony probably that life will never allow you to be too happy or too sad, no matter how much we try to be either.

Why did that take so long to think up? >.<
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:45 pm

Because irony is one of those things most people don't catalogue away in the back of their mind for future reference.

You really believe that life won't let people be too happy or too sad? (from an internal viewpoint, one cannot be too happy, but from an external viewpoint, in my opinion, one can, and from an internal or external point of view it would be possible for someone to be too sad, by any one of several qualifications.)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Why yes I do. Even if the outside perception is one of absolute happiness or sadness, of course the internal view is always going to differ, since no-one can get inside each other's souls. But I could be wrong I guess on the too sad thing, since people feel the need to end their own lives over their sorrow.....

Is suicide a legal crime? I always wondered that since Euthanasia is a crime in many instances.
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:41 pm

No, in most places it is a crime, and in some places it is punishable by death.

Isn't it stupid when the state says "You are going to die, but only when we want you to die, and we will spend thousands of dollars and medical staff that could be better used elsewhere to keep you alive until we can kill you ourselves in a perfectly legal way"?
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:04 am

That is really stupid, and a huge waste of money. But then I think that's the only reason England doesn't have Deathrow, we can't afford it >.<

Do you have the same troubles with prison overcrowding as we do over here? People who have served a significant amount of their life sentences here are being released in the masses to make room for newer life prisoners, that's how bad it is here. Wtf?
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:51 pm

Yeah. Some guy in... Texas, I think, decided to go over his authority and herd all of the prisoners into a giant mulitstory complex of tents surrounded by guards with guns instead of walls, and he's being heralded as a hero instead of fired and jailed.

So, political questioning aside, if you've seen the 3rd LotR movie, didn't the Mouth of Sauron remind you of Anima?
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:31 am

Whoa do you know, I can't even remember what it looks like, and I've seen Return Of The King Sad

That ever happen to you, when you can't remember something like that? >.<
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next