Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KAMPAI!!

5 posters

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

KAMPAI!! - Page 23 Empty Re: KAMPAI!!

Post by JET73L Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:23 pm

Righteous. The Santragean seawater will take a while to get here from several trillion light years away, but the Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster is, I quote, "like having one's brain knocked in by a wedge of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick." that might not be good for repeat business, aside from the zombie hordes, so we'll just stick with the earth-ingredients version.

How's the food coming along? I'm hoping the firesnake simulacrum has no obvious cooking-related flaws.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:24 am

He seems to be doing fine, although I still want to try and get the original back here Wink

Oooooh I have some ideas for musical cocktails!!! It's just like making a song, except you can mix and match the ingredients to make tasty variants ^^

Sorry, got composing on the brain >.<
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female
Number of posts : 4653
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:51 pm

Yeah, it's not the same without Firesnake here. Or any of the others, for that matter.

Anyway, that musical coctail idea sounds great (no pun intended). It could have, like, pop rocks or fizz powder that explode at different frequencies and intervals, for different notes and measure-bar-things (like 4/4, or 3/4, or 8/Cool, and some sort of thing, like the tapioca in that milk tea stuff (man, those were awesome), or like those mints that were mint inside a gelatin capsule, only with flavor and high-intensity poprock material, and then the poprock stuff in the drink and the drink itself provides a sort of background thing and the person drinking could either break the flavor/poprock capsules, or hold a bunch of them in their mouth and as they dissole it woulcd be like a rock concert in their mouth. But with taste as well as sound (travelling through the teeth and jaw to the bones of the inner ear).

That would be cool.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Those are my kinda cocktails!! Very Happy

And they should drive in a new clientelle of muso-types hopefully. We need some fresh faces in here, as much as I still love our zombie and barbarian visitors I would like some people I can have an intelligent conversation with as I serve them drinks ^^

*carries on serving zombies anyway* would you like a napkin? No? Oh well you can't say I didn't ask *sigh* we need some more powerful cleaning fluids for all this drool....
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:14 pm

Cool. Well, did you hear about that new.. Movie? CD? Book? Wow, I really need to update my small-talk subject matter more often.

Anyway, I've just borrowed a spellbook from the next shop over that turns glass into a shatterproof material that allows people to breath without an oxygenated atmosphere. Now if someone gets drunk drinking one of those giant frozen drinks, and the golem bouncers don't catch them (we have golems for bouncers now, by the way), they are safe from zombies instead of suffocated when they iz astro-nauts with the empty fishbowl drink glass over their heads.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:18 am

Ooooh that's a pretty helpful spell. Might need to use that myself when I go clean out the volcano before the big Christmas bash Very Happy

I just bought us a new slushie machine this morning, the old one seemed to be spitting a lot and this one is more expensive so I'm hoping we'll get a longer working life out of it. Could make more interesting cocktail variations using slushie (my favourite is the blue one Wink )

Oh and small talk? Choose World of Warcraft it's always a winner with most of the clientelle here Razz
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:45 am

Ah, yes. Warcraft. And stay off the subject of "I play EQII?"
(actually, Warcraft sounds good, it just didn't work on my old computer, and I haven't gotten around to buying another demo disc)

And we have a volcano? That's be useful for cleaning dishes, if we make the dishes indestructible (unless it's a sulphur volcano)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:17 pm

Hmmm yeah remember we had a pool party up there once? It's a really nice place ^^ ooooh and I found a hot spring nearby too if we ever want to have another party Very Happy

*Serves dishes to fishes* yes we do have a non-pescetarian menu here be sure to check it out Wink
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:15 pm

Non-pescetarian... But aren't many fish cannibalistic? Or is pescetarian like some form of fish kosher? No mixing octopus and salmon, that sort of thing?

When the fishes are done with the dishes, I can send them to the well for their wishes (if they're still hungry, they could order knishes, or if they need a place to stay, they could stop by my friend Tish's.)

(I think I've officially exhausted the "rhymes for dishes" category)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:03 pm

Lol Very Happy:D

And I guess you are right, there are many fish that may be cannibalistic, but I thought I'd offer the non-fish menu anyway in order to keep this place politically correct :rolleyes:
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:18 pm

Bah. (Not) in the words of Mac, "This is PC. PC is the outdated relic of a system intent on entrapping people in its web of power, by keeping them from expressing free thought if there is even the smallest chance it may offend someone."

I'm all for not being racist or mysogynistic or even rude in general, but a lot of this sort of thing is just discriminatory against the people who are not part of the "offended" minority (Offended in this instance meaning "in the opinions of a fifty year old white american senator).

Anyway, protest rant over, unmute the ServerBot comm system.

Drinks! Coffee and alcohol, the staples of the modern diet! Mochatini sounds good, but would it be?[game show host voice] What is your opinion on the combination of coffee and gin, Miss Valentine?!
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:47 am

Oooh now I've never actually tried gin in any form, but I've heard it's quite fruity in character. Would be interesting to see how that combines with coffee, although I'd be worried that it wouldn't mix well with the milk. Still, you've given me an idea there Very Happy

I'm gonna get me a coffee machine in real life, I've never had one, and my cafitiere is really small and inconvenient. I want to be able to make lattes and espresso, and it taste nice. And for Christmas I'm gonna ask for lots of different bottles of creamer too ^^

Which other types of liquer coffee have you tried JET? I love the brandy, whisky and Tia Maria ones with plenty of cream on top Smile
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:30 pm

I've had canies which combines alcohol and coffee, like those chocolate things with the fluff in the middle soaked in coffee and some sort of drink, but everything else had pretty much been liquer rather than liquor. Although the rum toffees are probably my second favorite flavor of toffee.
And that's good, that you're getting a coffee maker instead of spending a ridiculous amount of money at the local cafe (ANd it's a good thing you plan on getting an espresso/latte machine, I was going to warn you away from the cheap ones. They tend to melt through the seams if it backs up from pressure)

It's getting near halloween (well, getting near October), so we could start thinking of Halloweens specials, maybe pumpkin punch, or candy-bar-in-a-cup (coffee with cream, extra sugar, chocolate, caramel, and whipped cream).

Toffee coffee. Yum. That stuff if freaking amazing.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:19 am

Ooooh Halloween indeed. I'll get some special pumkin entrail pie to order from the kitchen, and some green and orange cocktails would be fun, or even something a very deep black. I think the decorations from last year should still be good to go, although more carved pumpkins are needed, as last year's pumpkins are going in the entrail recipes Razz

Oh and apple bobbing will be available too, with some free drink or lunch tickets for winners ^^

Toffee coffee is amazing!! They have a special Christmas version at Starbucks in December, which I wish was available all year.
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:56 pm

Really? I'll have to check that out sometime...

Anyway, back to the shop. Kampai seems to be up and running, so I'll reopen the eldritch things that should not be messed with shop, and the Kampai-owned gaming area/meeting room/karaoke bar.
(Whatever happened to the FF stuff shop? That place would've been cool, were it real.)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:04 pm

I ended up using the room I'd set aside for that shop as an extra storeroom >.< however now that the Amish are back I can have them build one, a big one if you wish ^^
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Nah, the cool one that had been next door already was separately owned.

Anyway, to commemorate the reopenings:
New special drink today, limited time
-Buy one drink, get a Temporary Class Change: Bard coffee flavored spell for use in the Karaoke zone absolutely free (gratis, not libre)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:06 am

Nice, should get plenty of interest ^^

Speaking of bards, I noticed a group of unruly knights coming in regularly, they always occupy the games room and they always drink far too much. Do keep your eye on them, and you have my permission to use force if they get out of hand (by force I mean Piercing Thundaja Razz)

Oh yeah, and this just made me drool-

http://www.discountcoffee.co.uk/flavouring-syrup-coffee-b3

There must be about 15-20 different flavours!!! Argh
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:19 am

They have those little flavor things (not them specificaly, but people who sell coffee, or creamer, or cater to diners) that are like that, but in individual cups, like the creamer or jam you get at cafes and McDonalds restaurants, respectively. Those things rock, I wish to find some of them sometime. After i get a replacement coffeemaker, I think I'll take your suggestion and just wait for christmas to get an espresso/cappuchino maker.

Muahahahahaah! (I'm too lazy right now to bother typing a decent maniacal laugh) Sweet, sweet permission, to Thundaja some fighter-class characters. I've been waiting to practice my Black Mage impression. (That ought to put the fear of Chl'rehsa in them)

Oh, by the way, the Diety-of-the-month club has wanted to meet here since we started catering to RPG characters. THis month it's Banjo the Clown God of Puppets for the good aligned characters, and Clh'rehsa for the dark-aligned.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Hmmmm much obliged to them, for drawing in an original and valuable clientelle to our humble establishment (next month we should have Minerva for good-aligned and Kali for dark-aligned)
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:18 pm

I was hoping for Banjhulu, the clown demon of puppetmonsters (the wrathful side of the Puppetmaster that is the All), but I expect either we will forget about the diety-of-the-month club by october, or they will have forgotten about themselves.

Brings in an economy-size container of biscotti, free with coffee. Mainly because the entire thing, with decorative container, cost less than one individually-wrapped biscotti.

Goes on coffee-serving break, I expect the serverbot gets dull after a while.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:13 am

Hope my small talk pointers were of some use to you ^^ (writes a book on the subject, sells copies for $5 each)

*tries a bisotti* I've always loved these things, and those big soft cookies you get in a good cafe too. I think a marshmallow cookie special would be fun, and we can have a marshmallow fight whilst we make them ;P
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Yeah, at least the WoW conversation starter should be. I don't know if I recall any others.

Cool. "Hear ye, hear ye, the Firs Possibly-Annual Kampai Marshmallow Battle shall commence on some day in the near future! Marshmallow cookies shall be catered bny the Kampai staff, and the marshmallows for the battle will be fake, biodegradable ones made from corn oil. Be there or Be a Rectangular thyng."

I also like those big, soft sugar cookies with the thin layer of pink or yellow icing on. Those rock, but Wal-Mart stopped making them properly. And I also like those little round cookies I used to remember how to make from cake mix. They could be eated soft, or frozen for a cookie-flavored lozenge that could be chewed at for nearly an hour. We should start posting recipes in the food section of the forum, or the one I combined the food section into.

New special drink: Organic Coffee Substitte. (hot muddy water in a cup.) In a reusable cup you can keep!
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:03 am

I've been really getting into the baked goods spirit, although it's taken its toll because I've gained 6 pounds >.<

Oh well- marshmallow cookies now on sale at the counter, alongside my special apple danishes with a bullet in the middle, the softest soft cookies ever in all flavours and Autumnal rhubarb pie!! Mr Green

Lol good idea, I'm making an orange drizzle cake at Christmas so I'll post the recipe for that, and see what other cool recipes we can find ^^
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:29 pm

Cool. I'll have to set up a thread. (Y'know, I'm thinking this forum may eventually be annexed by the nonexistent Kampai! brand.)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down