Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watching Wounds

3 posters

Go down

Watching Wounds Empty Watching Wounds

Post by Mr. Midgar Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:20 pm

About a week and a half ago I was savagely attacked by a crazed gravy boat.

The details are unimportant, but what is important was the fact that I was horribly burned in the process... on the top of my right hand. It stung for a bitch for about an hour and then it felt fine when I rested it in a bucket of ice water.

Now the reason I am telling you this is because since this incident happened I have rather enjoyed watching the burn heal. It looks dreadful (some flesh melted right off, yuck) but it never really hurt that much after the first few hours or so. I've been keeping it very clean and now it's looking much better. But yeah, like I said, it's been neat watching my hand repair itself. And I also get that cool endorphine releasing effect when I gently push on it like I do with bruises, LOL.

I won't get into any gross details like how scabs are doing and such, EW! XD But the question I would like to pose for everyone is... has anyone else ever had a minor physical injury and found positives in the healing process?
Mr. Midgar
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Watching Wounds Empty Re: Watching Wounds

Post by JET73L Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:04 am

I do this all the time. Just the other day I stabbed myself in the palm trying to catch a pencil. As soon as the bleeding subsided, I would check up on it every so often to note the change in shape and patern of the knitting skin.

I also dis this when my glasses would cut open the skin on the side of my nose whenever the nosepad tore off, mostly to see how long I would have to wait to switch back from contact lenses.

And I do this all the time with my wisdom teeth. The lower ones are completely in, but the gums never roke, and the upper teeth have been just starting to bud for a couple of years.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos' Master Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:44 pm

well, a while ago, I burnt myself taking something out of the oven(like 450 degrees) and, after the pain, I had a scar there for like 3 years. At first it was kind of fun watching it go from beet red to dark red to dark brown, but it went away without my noticing it after those few years.....

and, another one was this really strange cut I got on my arm when I fell into some glass in the curb by a sidewalk. the cut was in the shape of the first letter of my name (J) and it wasn't too deep, so it was kind of fun to watch the J in my arm go from a slightly bloody cut to the other various healing processes.
Chaos' Master
Chaos' Master

Male
Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:28 pm

On my first year of summer camp with my Boy Scout troop (as iopposed to Cub Scouts), I borrowed a lighter during the rope fraying and fusing class from Joey, the resident pyro (a resident pyro). It had been modded for three setting: small, high-power flames, large, shiny flame, and *fwoosh*. It went to *fwoosh* mode and fused a cupic inch of frayed nylon rope to the tip of my right middle finger. It finally finished being covered over with skin maybe a year and a half ago, but before then there was this white spot with no fiingerprint covering the half of the upper segnment on the sider of my thumb.

And a hamster once nearly bit the tip of my left pinkie off when someone handed it to me while I was trying to eat sunflower seeds. That was over six years ago, and the bits where his teeth pierced skin went from white to yellow in the past 3.5 years, but never really faded.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down