Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I had a million dollars...

4 posters

Go down

If I had a million dollars... Empty If I had a million dollars...

Post by JET73L Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:52 pm

I'd be rich.

Didn't want to bother typing out the whole song, but you get the idea (itf you haven't heard it, it's stuff like "I would buy you a mandsion," and "we could drive to the store every day," occasionally repeating the Line "if I had a milion Dollars, I would..." ending with the line and "...I'd bne rich.")

Anyway, if you won a $100 million lottery, after taxes, what is the first thing you would do after paying off any debts and mortgages you have? I think I would fund a remote-control robot lizard monster, like a 6-foot tall VR-controlled Bahamut or Godzilla. And yeah, don't go and say "I'd give $50 million to charity unless you have a specific charity in mind that you really like to help out but don't have the money. You know whether you would actually give the money to charity, or spend a bunch on yourself and give some of the rest fto charity.

Actually, before the robot I might buy every game system past and present I could get my hands on... Nah, the robot would be first.

(By the way, my charity of choice would be the Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge. But only for that fuzzy happy feeling I get from being nice to animals and people who don't happen to be evil.)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

If I had a million dollars... Empty Re: If I had a million dollars...

Post by zotar Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:11 pm

I would try to... keep it a secret. Make ANONIMOUS donations to Medical and educational institutes... Buy a bunch of land for my family. Buy a ranch along a river somewhere and hire people to work it with me. Invest in some company, (once the stock Market stops tumbling down) and try to build a complex where i would never have to go to a store, pay bills and use money again...

I would get solar panels and windmills to generate electricity so i wouldn't have to pay for it after the initial cost. I would build a butcher shop, a green house and Fruit/produce garden so that i could grow my own food... or have hirelings do it for me. and those people I have working for me on all this stuff would get their share of the food they grow, free houseing, and of course id pay them out of the profits of anything sold....

My own private self-sustaining utopia.... actually i would work too and hire someone to handle all the payment plans... Im not some overlord... more of a back seat kind of person...

TOL
zotar
zotar

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Midgar Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:07 pm

I would live happily for the rest of my life doing whatever the hell I wanted to do. Smile
Mr. Midgar
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:00 am

More specifically, the first thing you would do (again, aside fro paying off all debts and mortgages).

Name: Mr. Midgar
Class: Whisperwind Writing
Assignment: If I Won the Lottery
The first thing I would do if I suddenly had 100 million dollars would be to _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

I'm sticking with the remote-controle VR bahamut mech. (human size or smaller, I'm not an idiot)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos' Master Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:39 pm

At this point, and rather than having to deal with my roommates, as a set, I would buy a condo with soundproofing, an amazing home entertainment system, and a computer fit for the gods.
Chaos' Master
Chaos' Master

Male
Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum