Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Can Only Stress.

2 posters

Go down

I Can Only Stress. Empty I Can Only Stress.

Post by Terminus Est Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:37 pm

Please note that this particular post is prominent in communication and spreads for all categories of The Ivory Tower.

I am not immensely worried, however, posting and the discussions of debate in general almost always seem to spark negativity and hostility, which almost seems natural.

Let us then, if it be true, prove it wrong. I know it to be possible, as I have, many times, seen people with opposing views debate in a calm, mature and friendly manner.

If you have not done so, I would please implore you to read the rules of the forum.

Do not flame anyone for no reason, and if you are to disagree with someone's views, ideals, theories, opinions or other important individualist elements of mature conversation and debate, do so in a productive, civilized and mature manner.

Do not insult anyone in any way, subtle or outright.

This angers me, and I will become biased. Very Happy

But seriously...I believe you all know what I am trying to say. We can all have grand and interesting discussions should such guidelines be well followed.

You can say that you disagree. You may, of course, explain why. I will even encourage it.
But no name calling, no flaming, no trolling, and please, no spamming.
If you have something to rant about, you may do so of course, but this being a debate section of the boards, I will indeed require that you explain your sudden output.
Do not just say things such as ''I hate Gorge Bush!'' or ''I despise Christianity!''. There must be a reason, and that reason cannot simply be ''Because they suck''. Please, explain why they suck.

I believe this to be the gist of it, and easy to understand...please keep these things in mind when engaging in more heated debate and discussion.

With that said, I hope this section will become abundant with information, ideas and pleasure.

Thank you for your time.
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-07-28

http://sege.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I Can Only Stress. Empty Re: I Can Only Stress.

Post by JET73L Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:58 pm

Also, since the reorganization in mid 2008, the Ivory Tower now includes Shinryu's Chest, The Cathedral, and Cid's Laboratory. Please label clearly if a thread is about science, religion, or philosophy (each of which may or may not be mutually exclusive, depending on content intended by the original poster).
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum