Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes.

4 posters

Go down

Changes. Empty Changes.

Post by Terminus Est Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Okay, heare ye heare ye and all that. Very Happy

Well then, I have decided to reduce the size of the forum, and JET has come up with the following suggestion;

JET73L wrote:Combine Laughing Wolf Inn with either Whisperwind Cove or Crescent House

Combine Alucard's Confessional with The Falling Axe

Make the Status Screen and The Dance Hall (edit: not the dance hall) a Stickied thread in Crescent House, or set up a Personal Forum, and have them stickied at the top of there. Maybe make Alucard's COnfessional a subsection of the personal forum.

Combine Gestahl's Assembly with The Town Hall

Maybe combine Shinryu's Chest and the Cathedral into a new forum section, maybe combine also Cid's Laboratory, but probably not.

Combine everything in Stonehenge into one forum section, except for Midgar, which would combine with The Town Hall, which would also contain posts for Gestahl's Assembly.

Instead of moving the Dance Hall to Crescent House, add it to the Gold Saucer subforum

Make the Gold Saucer a Personal Forum and add Alucard's Confessional and The Falling Axe

(Sorrow's Elegance)
The Marble Corridor
-The Title Screen
-Narshe Training Academy
-The Round Table
The World Map
-Crescent House
-Whisperwind Cove(Laughing Wolf Inn)
-Cross and Hatchet
The Crossroads
-The Town Square (Gestahl's Assembly/Midgar)
-Cosmo Canyon
-Estonhenj (The River Styx, THe Phantom Train, most of Bloodlines)
-The Ivory Tower (The Cathedral/Shinryu's Chest, Cid's Laboratory)
Gold Saucer/Personal Forum
-Media (The Opera House/THe Ghastly Theatre)
-Setzer's Airship
-Low-Tech Area (The Library/The Coffee Table)
-Alucard's Confessional(The Falling Axe)
-The Forgemaster's Rooms
-The Status Screen/The Dance Hall
The Catacombs
-Daryl's Tomb
-Juste's Room/THe X-Zone

So we keep everything but make it a bit smaller. Do you guys think it would still be too big? Are there things we should take away? As well, if you have any suggestions of features to add, please list them here, now is the time. I shall leave this up for a few days, and then begins the changes.

Suggest anything too, forum skin change, theme, a more useful portal maybe?
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-07-28

http://sege.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Changes. Empty Re: Changes.

Post by Mr. Midgar Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:23 am

It still looks kind of big to me, but I guess we can check it out and see how it goes. Good suggestions JET and good work T.
Mr. Midgar
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:39 pm

It's only got one more area than FFNet (The Catacombs), and I find the current five subforums are most suited for the subjects SE currently has. The Gold Saucer/Personal Forum is pared down and combined as far as I could without deleting anything that didn;t seem too superfluous, and the Crossroads seems to me like it could be pared down some more, but I don;t see how.
It seems reasonably efficient to me, as long as we don;t add add any sub-subforums, but this thread is for ideas.

As for a new skin, if possible I would like to keep the current one an option. If there are any lists and previews of forum skins, it might be a good idea to see them and have a vote, especially if the forum can only have one skin (this one) aside from the default (the ugly blue and white pattern).

The protal is actually the best I;ve seen... Ever, actualy. I think it;s good as it is.

If I;ve forgotten anything, I;ll amend this post later.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Est Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:46 am

Does anyone know how to include arcades in here? There is a website function for this via the modules commands but I do not know how to link it to SE.
All we have to do is find a place to embed the games...I tried but it does not seem to work.

And yes, I do not believe that there is a way to have multiple skins like on say on Ffnet. We can only have one. There are several Forumotion default skins of all genres, and I have no checked for months, they may have added more. But this skin I made myself, you can easily custom make them if we want a unique one. Well, see if anyone has anything against this one, we could try to change it.
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Midgar Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:39 am

It is a nice skin, an interesting colour scheme and design... but it is a little, erm, pink... for lack of a better word. haha

I wish it were a little more black and red, and not so pink and purple. But that is just my taste.
Mr. Midgar
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:42 am

Hahahaha I'm used to the one we have now but I don't mind change Mr Green
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female
Number of posts : 4653
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:28 pm

I could take some screenshots of other forumotion skins, and post them here for review, but I'm not changing it without a majority vote and Terminal's go-ahead.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:06 am

Okies do that ^^
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female
Number of posts : 4653
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Est Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:57 am

When you come up with some, post them and we will let people decide. I do not really mind, but I do find it rather bunk that we cannot have multiple skins. :/
Anyways, wussy wussy, I actually totally love pink, hence this design. But it is also more than a year old, change is always good.
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:05 pm

I too like this design Esppecially since it looks more purplish on my current screen setting). And it goes with the Castlevania forum title themes. (And I'll get some pics up as soon as I fogure out how to take a screnshot on my computerz! Promi- Guaran- Expect the pics eventually!)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Est Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:56 am

It light of it being Halloween and all, I was thinking of messing around a making a new theme, but I remembered we spoke of this before, so I came here first. Any news on this?
And I am not being impatient, it just dawned on me...I was in the AP, in now we can make test skins, up to three, though I think once you apply one of them, the old is gone forever. :/ I am not sure, but I shall make the test.

I was also thinking of changing some of the icons...argh, some of them have been bothering me since day one. XD As well, I kind of wanted to change the picture on top, but it goes great with the colours, and I despise when colours fail to match.

So, people, if you come on here and see it is all messed up, this is just me screwing around. XD
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:06 pm

Yeah, that's fine with me. I think it would be nice to have some Halloween decorations up, and while they are up we could possibly have a... contest, I believe it might be called, to see who can find or create the best icons and/or colour scheme. (And you have a right to be impatient, I completely forgot to mention that there are hundreds of different skins, and uploading screenshots of them all would be a ridiculous expense of time and bandwidth that I would rather not mess with, especially considering how completely inappropriate most of the skins would be for this forum Can you imagine a forum called sorrow's elegance that has winnie the pooh eating a pot of hunny in the lower left corner of every screen? I can, however, post a few of my favorites, and others can do so as well. Access to the Forumotion boards should be possible, at least under Guest status.)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down