Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales From Overseas Meetings

4 posters

Go down

Tales From Overseas Meetings Empty Tales From Overseas Meetings

Post by Miss Valentine Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:04 am

Admittedly this will probably be very short, but people have been asking about how my holiday was so I thought I'd talk about it a little ^^

Most of my time I spent in Valkenburg wandering around aimlessly, it's a little tourist town (mostly for the elderly >.<) but it was nice to have a break. Although boredom stresses me out, but never mind....

But on the Wednesday I got to meet my long-time friend Kayam (Firesnakious), I spend about 6 hours with him, would have been longer if it wasn't such a long way between Valkenburg and Roosendaal. I got there first, kinda sat in the entrance area of the train station trying to look cool heheheh I was really really nervous I can't tell you how much. And Kayam walked in, I guess he must have seen me first, then I just happened to look around and see him walking in looking directly at me Very Happy I got up, half-stumbled across to him and did a goofy waving thing, really embarrasing but that's nerves for you Wink

Awwww his accent completely rocks!! He's got such a great way of talking, he kept getting a bit stressed over his English but I thought it was great, he was awesome to listen to. And we talked a lot about the usual stuff that we talk about here on the forums, you know death, destruction etc ^^ it was really nice getting to do that in person, makes me feel a bit less crazy! He's such a nice guy in person, a bit shy but I didn't mind because I'm shy too.

We went to sit in the park for a while, which was really nice except it rained really hard and for ages, we were sat on the same bench for a couple of hours waiting for it to pass, and with just my umbrella to keep the rain off. Kayam held the umbrella over me what a guy ^^ There were some ducks there and they kept laughing at us, I wanted to kill them but I was too comfy underneath the umbrella!! And I nearly pushed Kayam off the bench, he was hanging dangerously off the edge I felt really bad about that but I couldn't move over because the rest of the bench was wet >.<

Finally when there was a gap in the rain (and my stomach protested really loudly god that was embarrasing too) we went to find somewhere to eat. Kayam took me to Snackpoint, his usual eating place, and he bought me this really yummy food (he paid and I felt so special Very Happy). I wanted to finish it all but I didn't, mostly because I'm a really messy eater and I didn't want to show myself up >.< it was really nice food though, I'm really grateful ^^

After that there was kinda not much else to do so we went back to the park, sat on a different bench and I sat on the end this time so I could fall off ^^ the ducks came back to haunt us, I still wanted to kill them but I was too cozy to move!! I didn't say much else, couldn't think of much, I was just so happy to be there, it was really nice. And warm! I was supposed to sing for him aswell but I kinda lost my nerve but never mind ^^

Then it was time for me to go, I was really sad but I had to make sure I got back and didn't miss the last trains. It took 4 trains to get there (2 1/2 hours) and then the same back, so it was a long way but it was more than worth it to me. I gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, which I don't usually do but nevermind it seemed appropriate >.< then I got on the train and I was banging on the window because I had something else to say but he'd already walked away :'( but I guess that doesn't matter since I'm so very lucky to have that experience, of meeting someone on the internet that is completely genuine and safe.

So that's pretty much it, really wish I could do it again, being back home now makes me feel kinda empty, I know it will be a long long time before I can do anything like that again. But I'm glad it went so well and I had an awesome time. Lol any questions? Very Happy
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female
Number of posts : 4653
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

Tales From Overseas Meetings Empty Re: Tales From Overseas Meetings

Post by zotar Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:32 pm

Sounds like a great date. Now the world must seem a whole lot smaller.
zotar
zotar

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:32 pm

Cool. Sounded wicked fun. Little bit jealous (of both of you).

Holland sounds interesting.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Midgar Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:26 pm

What an amazing story. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. The funniest part was the ducks. XD

I am curious, why did you guys decide to do this?
Mr. Midgar
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:55 am

Lol it wasn't a date Razz

It was kinda my mum's idea, she wanted me to go off and have a break anyway because things are really tough right now, and I'd wanted to see Holland so I thought I'd drop by and see Kayam whilst I was there. Holland is really nice, really friendly people there. It was all just awesome Very Happy
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by zotar Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:21 pm

I wish things like thatwould happento me, been feeling old latly. Not pysicallyof couse, just a sort of feeling like, same old stuff over and over again. lukily though im moving out of my house soon, for college. And dad's planning a trip to Disneyland while we still have a chance for a vacation.

but im still ill at ease for some reason.
zotar
zotar

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:39 am

I was feeling that way myself, I think meeting someone in real life, as big a gamble as it is since you don't know if that person's genuine, it makes internet life mean something, makes it feel less fake and "frontish". Which I think is really important. I would love to meet many more of my friends, it would be interesting to see what kinds of experiences those would be ^^

Plus it breaks up the daily routine, it's a kind of special event type of thing, makes life less boring. Maybe that's how you're feeling Zotar? If it makes you feel better I'd come and visit you if I could Smile
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Midgar Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:47 am

Actually Zotar lives pretty close to me. Maybe our paths will cross one day buddy. *screams* LOL
Mr. Midgar
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:13 am

I'd wanna join in too!!!!! Argh

Hang on that sounds a bit wrong.........
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum