Fall Game Clean Up.

Go down

Fall Game Clean Up.

Post by Terminus Est on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:52 am

I am rather OCD about mastering my games, and especially completion, and getting all the items in whatever has items to get...but this does not mean that I do it all the time. In fact, since the beginning of 2008, I have left many a game to stagnate.
I have decided to finish them all off, one by one...after finishing Final Fantasy IV DS, of course.

But this particular game demands that you play through it thrice to actually master it...so I will complete the first file, at least, I am almost done now. And then, I have to go back to my older games and properly slit their throats.

First will be Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. While my main file is totally done to no further process, I am not finished Hard mode. Not because it was too hard, but because I got slightly bored. There are new weapons to obtain in this mode though, one being a scythe. Harmony of Dissonance probably has some thing or another I did not do, will have to remake a recap.

Then, I have to finish my Final Fantasy VII file I so shamefully abandoned...I played this to get in tune with the story in time for Crisis Core...which I also did not finish. The optional missions pissed me off, but I find that I cannot go forth until the ones for now are done-which is stupid, since I could level up and then do them later...but those two are in the works.

Then there will be Wild Arms Alter Code F. While I have finished just about everything, there is still one boss which laughs and mocks me, it shall die.

And, Final Fantasy IV on the GBA-I am missing some rare items, I will get those.

And finally, Shadow Hearts. Actually, I totally finished everything in this, but the game is relatively short, I can go through it in not even twenty four hours. If you play it through a second time, you get ONE extra item-a pair of panties. Yes. I am going to play through the whole game just to get some underwear. I already have the purple and black ones...you see them EVERY single time the character does her special attack. Well, I keep saying, for the past two years, that I will do it, but have not done so. Now is the time!

Or I will merely suck, FUCK THIS and play through Symphony of the Night for about the gazilionth time. Now if only I could put so much energy into finding a job...ha ha. All these are portables mostly though, so, if I do get into college like I am actually putting energy into, it might come in handy during lunch breaks, or whatever you get there.

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-07-28

View user profile http://sege.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fall Game Clean Up.

Post by Chaos' Master on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:38 am

if you are like that about games, I recommend you NEVER play any of the disgaea games. Simply because, its a strategy RPG and you can get up to level 9999 and there are nearly innummerable items, and each one can be formatted a million different ways. There are alsoso many sidequests that its not even funny. There are people who have played for thousands of hours and not done everything. Of course, there are also those who did most of it in only a few hundred hours of gameplay.

I own two of the disgaea games, and two similar games by the same company, each and every one of them has those different things, they are hilariously fun and awesome to beat, and have a bunch of endings, and a bunch of other things that can happen as well. I'm still playing all of those games, and it is just fun to the max.

but playing them if you are OCD about things like that, these games will take up your entire life....I should know, I've sunk about 400 or so hours into each game.
Chaos' Master

Male
Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2007-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:51 pm

Ooooh, Disgaea sounds fun...
I usually get obsessed with a game aslong as there's some momentum. If it gets to a point where I'm not progressing much, or the story drags on, I typically quit for as many as several months before I can get interested in it again. Then I have to actively decide to work toward the next interesting bit of the game, when I can begin coasting again.

I just got two games cheap (DBZ:BT3 and .hack//mutation), first games aside from a demo of wii sports in over a year, so that not only gives me a completely new game to work on, but I can also start working on .hack again.
And I ould restart training for the buster blade challenge, but I'm busy with school. Summer would probbly be better for this sort of thing.
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Est on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:15 pm

I have most of the Disgaea games, including Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tactics and Makai Kingdom, but indeed, those are far from being mastered, and God knows how many hours I have put in them. They are fun, but so lengthy that after a bit, you just have to play something else.
Those will take more than just one session to master...I feel bad for abandoning the files, but goddamn. The item world alone takes YEARS. One of my files in Disgaea 1 is nearly three years old. XD

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-07-28

View user profile http://sege.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Midgar on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:02 am

Such a long thread with so many wonderful moments Terminal. In an effort to save space I have decided to quote only one which I feel best reflects the true nature of this thread. XD
Terminal Est wrote:Then there will be Wild Arms Alter Code F. While I have finished just about everything, there is still one boss which laughs and mocks me, it shall die.
Geez, I have so many games myself to clean up.

I have been playing a lot of portable Metroid games lately, I do not know why. I think I am just burned out from RPGs. But I would like to do another run through of the Prime series pretty soon. Gotta finish those.

I have been completely ignoring my TV lately; it is growing cobwebs on it. (haha, Iím totally serious *shakes fist at those disgusting spiders*) So anyways, I have not been playing any consoles lately, everything has been portable. I just recently started playing an old one for many Gameboys ago, Legend of Zelda: Oracle of the Seasons. The graphics are very crude, but it is a lot of fun. Gotta finish that.

I still need to finish Dragon Quest VIII. I am only about a quarter of the way into it. This seems to be another one which takes a lot of time. And because of this, I put it on hold the past year or so because I just havenít had time for these extremely long games. Which is why I havnít given Glaydenís legs a good stretch for the past four or five months in FFXI and couldn't care less to be honest. Sad I do not mind long games, but I just have to commit to them. And the urge just hasnít come up as of late. But I gotta finish that.

About half way through the second disc of Lost Odyssey for my Xbox. Iíd like to get through this one before I delve into Last Remnant later this year. Unlike Dragon Quest VIII, I donít think this one is a really long game, I could probably finish most of it in a week or two if I put aside a few hours a night to finish itís story. It has been a fairly reliable game with a decent world and characters and a formulaic battle system which holds my attention. I do not know why I put it on holdÖ I must have had a hot date or something and forgotten about it. Pfft yeah right I wish. But anyways, gotta finish that.

Also want to get more into Alone in the Dark. Probably not gonna finish this one completely but I still want to play it more. I barely started it and it seems to be a lot of fun because it is so unique from all the other things I usually play, so I gotta finish that.

Gotta finish my second play through Hard Mode file of FFVII: Crisis Core, and need to finish the final third of the Buster Sword Challenge on my most recent FFVII save file. (I seem to have had a FFVII game constantly going of some kind ever since this game was first releasedÖ I swear to god)

The oldest one on my table is Final Fantasy X-2. Gotten far, but never gotten completely through it, but I would like to, just because. *sighs long and painfully* Gotta finish thatÖ someday.
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Oh, yeah. I never finished DQVIII. (well, I did, but the disc was damaged so it froze in the middle of the ending sequence)

Definitely have to finish the Buster Sword challenge, next vacation I get (should be just before thanksgiving). Levellevellevellevellevel!
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos' Master on Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:26 pm

I have been playing FFT: War of The Lions, just so that I can see the new sequences, the new classes, and the new story characters. Even though I have done everything in the original FFT, I still find this interesting.

Now that I think on it, I really have many many games to finish, like the second piece(optional) of DQVIII, bladestorm: The Hundred Years War, Shifter, Chaos Legion, Crash of The Titans, Dawn of Mana, Shining Force EXA, Growslanser: Heritage of War, Bully, and Yiazmat in FFXII. There are many, many others, but listing them all will get tidious, since there are so many that still have things I want to do, but I haven't done it yet.

I feel sad now. I have left way too many things undone.
Chaos' Master

Male
Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2007-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down