Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Autumn and it's nearly Halloween again!! Nearly!!

4 posters

Go down

It's Autumn and it's nearly Halloween again!! Nearly!! Empty It's Autumn and it's nearly Halloween again!! Nearly!!

Post by Miss Valentine Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:25 am

Anyone getting into the Fall/Autumn mood? I've had War Of The Worlds music constantly in my head and I'm delighted with the chill that's started to hang in the air now. It's weird because the leaves have already started falling this year and there are chestnuts to be found, which usually aren't expected for a month. But I guess since Britain didn't really have much of a summer (it was awesome it rained nearly all the time Very Happy) then it just must follow suit. I'm looking forward to a really cold one this year (blows raspberry at the British recession and higher energy bills, I don't care that my radiators will cost more to run, I still love this time of year! Razz)

So who else has been getting that tingly feeling that you know all the best holidays are around the corner? ^^

Through Autumn's golden gown we used to kick our way
You always loved this time of year....
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female
Number of posts : 4653
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

It's Autumn and it's nearly Halloween again!! Nearly!! Empty Re: It's Autumn and it's nearly Halloween again!! Nearly!!

Post by JET73L Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:36 pm

Yeah! It's already starting to smell like fall when it rains (though it's still summer elsewhen), and one of the Halloween emporiums has already opened. It's getting cooler (again, only when it rains), although it still looks like summer.

And I'm almost done with my hallowen costume! It's a BlackMage costume, and all I have left is to find my shadowmask hood, buy the gardening gloves from Farm&Home, and find and paint a witch's hat. (I even made paper covers for two books so that one looks like a gold-embossed Hadoken spellbook, and the other looks like an Ice IX spellbook from Jeff's Discount Spellbooks.)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

It's Autumn and it's nearly Halloween again!! Nearly!! Empty Re: It's Autumn and it's nearly Halloween again!! Nearly!!

Post by Miss Valentine Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:11 pm

That's gonna be frickin' awesome, you really have to take pics of that Very Happy

I might have to find something different for my son to wear this year, he's getting a bit too big for his pumpkin costume ^^ although I'm really not sure what else there is I can dress him up in. I'll have to do some serious browsing once all the Halloween stock comes out over here. I kinda wish I wasn't too old to dress up myself Razz

Today was warmer than it has been, I'm hoping that it won't last long though because I prefer a chill in the air, I love to get wrapped up when I walk out. Definitely not a skin showing kind of person >.<
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:08 pm

Costumes for small chidren seme to be pretty easy to make. Get a baggy one-piece outfit, dye it orange, and give him a green hat, and it's a pumpkin. If it's got a hood, you can stitch strips of felt down the top and back of the head for a horse, or around the face for a lion. Dye the horse costume green a year later, and you've got a dragon.
If you don't mind spending anywhere between five and thirty dollars (I have no idea how accurate this is, it's based on simple costumes that can be assembled from cheap accessories and relative pricing of YA costumes), Wal-mart (or whichever letters it goes by in England) is probably your best bet, unless they've changed their stock.

As for weather, I don't think I actually made it outside today, but it seemed like either the air conditioner was set cooler (meaning it was really hot) or the temperture was cooler than inside (which means it was opnly somewhat warm).
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Midgar Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:06 pm

Miss Valentine wrote:Anyone getting into the Fall/Autumn mood? I've had War Of The Worlds music constantly in my head and I'm delighted with the chill that's started to hang in the air now.
Sounds creepy.
JET73L wrote:And I'm almost done with my hallowen costume! It's a BlackMage costume…
I have to see this when it is done. PICTURES! LOL Smile

I have always wanted to make my own Halloween costume, because I think this is more the tradition of this weird holiday. So I feel kind of guilty to say that when I was younger I always bought my costumes... perhaps I should try and make my own. But I have also never been sure of what costume to make, it would be fun to be a video game character… but which one?
Miss Valentine wrote:I kinda wish I wasn't too old to dress up myself…
I don’t know what this holiday has become in Europe, but in North America Halloween has been changing for many years now. It’s no longer a night just for toddlers going out and collecting candy, in my part of the world all age groups dress up now for this night and party their faces off… at least the one’s who aren’t old boring fuddy-duddys. XD It’s basically a party night.

Start a trend in Britain MV, dress up this October 31.
JET73L wrote:Dye the horse costume green a year later, and you've got a dragon.
*laughs*

I am now conjuring up the funniest looking dragon costume I think I could possible muster in my brain thanks to you.
Mr. Midgar
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Est Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:35 am

I love Autumn, and finally, it is cold enough that I may wear a coat outside. All my windows are open and it is freezing in here, and I totally love it, the leaves are turning, and temperature is getting cooler. It is my favourite time of year even though i don't do anything to celebrate Halloween.

Edit: Error by JET73L caused post to be partially rewritten. Repairs have been attempted.
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-07-28

http://sege.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:59 am

I don’t know what this holiday has become in Europe, but in North America Halloween has been changing for many years now. It’s no longer a night just for toddlers going out and collecting candy, in my part of the world all age groups dress up now for this night and party their faces off… at least the one’s who aren’t old boring fuddy-duddys. XD It’s basically a party night.

Start a trend in Britain MV, dress up this October 31.

Sadly that IS the extent of Halloween here in England. But I might take you up on that anyway if I can find something cool to wear Wink

And why is War Of The Worlds creepy? Ever heard the song Forever Autumn? It's awesome ^^

Whoa it's warm where you are JET? That sucks. Won't last for long I hope. I love how I've been waking up in the morning and huddling further under my duvet, all snuggly but with my face still feeling cool. That is until my son comes and gets me out of bed with his morning feet tickling session >.<
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:08 pm

[Quote=paraphrased Terminal Est]I love Autumn, and finally, it is cold enough that I may wear a coat outside. All my windows are open and it is freezing in here, and I totally love it... It is my favourite time of year...[/quote]
Agree. Agree agree agree to the 23rd power times 158.

It's finally cool again today, without having had to rain. It may get down to a decent temperature soon (although this does put a deadline to finding a coat)

PS: Terminal, Midgar, glad to see you back!

Edit: Terminal, it seems to be the quick quote button. After what happened with Midgar, i was careful to make sure I clicked "Quote" and not "Edit," but it still edited your post instead of adding the quote to mine. I'm thinking I should just stick to copy/pasting quotes into the quick reply box, at least until i get a reply on the forumotion help forum, where I plan to post a question within a couple minutes of typing this.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Est Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:47 am

How the hell was my post re-written? O_o

I do not understand this forum at all. XD Maybe I should just pay for a domain?
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:42 am

Don't spend money!!!!! Argh

It's raining like Noah's apocalypse outside, and I love it, though that would be because I'm lucky enough not to live in a flood warning area >.<

Olol the Christmas aisle at the supermarket is half stocked now. Which means I can take advantage of it whilst the prices are low, and avoid the Christmas rush. It's a very Yorkshire thing apparently to be tight-fisted with moneys Wink
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:24 pm

The blue text is the bits that I had to write from memory. I was hoping I'd got it mostly accurate.
Anyway, no quote-buttone for me, I can live with copypasted quotes until I can get to the bottom of this. Don't bother spending money buying a different domain.

You can also take advantage of it eleven and a half months early. Did I ever mention the end-of-february sale where wal-mart was selling all candy and anything with a heart for 75-95% off? (just got to be careful not to get the oranges for the stockings that early!)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Est Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:45 am

Wal Mart and all those places are great for after Halloween sales. You can get everything for so cheap, I usually buy a few decorations just to put around in my place. I even have black (They light up white-blue like.) and orange Halloween lights. Have had them for two years, and they still work. They look like condoms though...O_o

It's raining like Noah's apocalypse

*Laughs hysterically.* WHAT?? XD

Well I was thinking of paying for better features, at least ones that are not so considerably shoddy...but even if I say I will, I will probably never get around to it anyway, so...:/ And this does the trick for now, I think.
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Blacklight's awesome, both kinds (the purple bulb coating and the whitish filament alike). That's be really... Interesting combining orange and blacklight.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Midgar Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 pm

Not to diss trends or anything, but I don't think you could possibly consider yourself a "goth" person unless you have a blacklight of some kind in your possession. LOL Because they all seem to have them.

I had one, and still do to this day. But I used it a lot more as a child, especially with a set of flourescent markers that I used to draw on black paper.

But it is good for detecting counterfeit money.
Mr. Midgar
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Est Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:43 am

I used to get these blacklights at the store all the time but for some reason, they always die so early. (Also had red and green ones-the red ones are WICKED.) These are supposed to be one night lights, and after two years they still work. Yes, orange and ''blacklight'' are sort of messed up, but it is really neat. Makes a nice fuzzy feeling. XD
The set cost like 32 $ before Halloween and was reduced to twelve after, so, you can get really good deals, if you enjoy those sort of things.
Of course, most Halloween decorations are damned cheap though. I want more this year, could always use more glow in the dark rubber skeletons are reefs made out of dead twigs and crap, but I do not think I can this year. Sad
I guess it is the same for Christmas decorations after the holidays.=do not want.
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down