Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm bloody knackered :(

4 posters

Go down

I'm bloody knackered :( Empty I'm bloody knackered :(

Post by Miss Valentine Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:45 am

Just letting off some steam guys, hope you don't mind. I had to do it away from FFNet and KH3, since they are pretty much a big part of what's bothering me at the moment Sad

Firstly, let me apologize so much for not being around for you guys here. This place seems to have suffered most because of my new commitments as Trainee Mod on KH3, and I'm really sad about that because Termie trusted me not to let this place die. I'm gonna try and rectify that, hopefully soon I'll be back at full steam and on another recruiting drive. I'm so glad you guys are committed to this place, and I want to maybe implement some reforms with Termie's permission, more on that later on.

So onto the ranting I go. You guys know how much I love FFNet, it's my mother forum, it's where so many things started for me. So having to watch it slowly die has been really painful, and I've wanted for so long to try and help restore it somehow. So I joined KH3 looking for some answers, since it's the sister site and it seems to get far more attention. Kain greeted me in there ("watch out for the idiots Smile ") and I made some new friends. I kinda had a feeling Kain would want me to become a mod there too, to try and open up the relationship between the two sites a little bit, and of course I don't have that much mod experience simply because there's never any actual modding to do at FFNet, it's such an easy place to keep in order (spambots aside ^^).

And then Kain made me a mod. I really wasn't prepared for the intensity of it- firstly my reception was kinda hostile-

http://www.kingdomhearts3.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Then the work started coming in, and there is a lot of it, a hell of a lot. As well as combing the site for things that need moderating, you have to report every thing you do, and of course I've already made a couple of mistakes like closing threads at the request of members ("makes us look like slaves") and forgetting to "soft" delete. MEH!! Suspect

And don't get me started on the little people who keep adding me to their MSN. I'm blocking much more than I'd like to, probably my own fault for sharing my handle but it's still irritating Mad

I guess I could eventually get used to all the problems at KH3, everyone does. But I don't like how it seems to be drawing me away from FFNet. It's no secret that Kain, as much as his heart is in the right place, would love for a merger to happen, or at least for FFNet to pick up and grab more attention, adding me to the KH3 staff is a rather clever way of doing either of those things. But with all that and the current problems I'm facing in real life, with my poor son who's more and more each day looking like he isn't going to ever lead a normal life (he's being assessed for Autism and ADD, he isn't potty trained and is big for his age so handling him physically is really tiring), I just don't know if I can cope with it.

I feel so sad about FFNet, the future there looks so uncertain. I don't personally think a merger would work, there are some decent people coming over from KH3 but a lot of other people there just stick their nose up at our humble family. Merging them would just put us in a lonely corner or break us apart altogether, and I can tell that some of the people coming over from KH3 aren't always gonna be very welcome (idiots would just trash the site).

I'm gonna end my rant now. I've already had some great advice from some of you, don't know how I'd cope without you guys. I'm just gonna keep playing things by ear and try to chill out, otherwise burnout would just be no good for me or Jonathan. He's going to the hospital at the end of the month, so maybe seeing if he's made any progress will ease my nerves a little bit. It's hard to stay positive, but I'm certainly gonna try. Isn't that what keeps us together sometimes? I care about you all, and hopefully we'll pull through Very Happy
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female
Number of posts : 4653
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

I'm bloody knackered :( Empty Re: I'm bloody knackered :(

Post by JET73L Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:59 pm

Miss Valentine wrote:Just letting off some steam guys, hope you don't mind. I had to do it away from FFNet and KH3, since they are pretty much a big part of what's bothering me at the moment Sad
Okay, don;t mind. That's what thios part of the forum's for.

Miss Valentine wrote:
Firstly, let me apologize so much for not being around for you guys here. This place seems to have suffered most because of my new commitments as Trainee Mod on KH3, and I'm really sad about that because Termie trusted me not to let this place die. I'm gonna try and rectify that, hopefully soon I'll be back at full steam and on another recruiting drive. I'm so glad you guys are committed to this place, and I want to maybe implement some reforms with Termie's permission, more on that later on.
In order: Apology unnecessary (in my opinion), cool, and great!

Miss Valentine wrote:
So onto the ranting I go. You guys know how much I love FFNet, it's my mother forum, it's where so many things started for me. So having to watch it slowly die has been really painful, and I've wanted for so long to try and help restore it somehow. So I joined KH3 looking for some answers, since it's the sister site and it seems to get far more attention. Kain greeted me in there ("watch out for the idiots Smile ") and I made some new friends. I kinda had a feeling Kain would want me to become a mod there too, to try and open up the relationship between the two sites a little bit, and of course I don't have that much mod experience simply because there's never any actual modding to do at FFNet, it's such an easy place to keep in order (spambots aside ^^).
In order:
-Total agreement. FFNet was the first group of friends I;d hat in years, and I;d hate for anything to happen to it.
-Yeah, that makes sense, you bec omingh a trainee mod over there, you can learn more about being a forum moderator there than you can here.

Miss Valentine wrote:
And then Kain made me a mod. I really wasn't prepared for the intensity of it- firstly my reception was kinda hostile-

http://www.kingdomhearts3.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Then the work started coming in, and there is a lot of it, a hell of a lot. As well as combing the site for things that need moderating, you have to report every thing you do, and of course I've already made a couple of mistakes like closing threads at the request of members ("makes us look like slaves") and forgetting to "soft" delete. MEH!! Suspect
In order:
-Booo! Length of time since joining a forum has next to nothing to do with moderator skill. I know people who have been on forums "over a year now" who still act like complete %&*%#s, just not to such a degree that they can be permanently banned.

Miss Valentine wrote:
And don't get me started on the little people who keep adding me to their MSN. I'm blocking much more than I'd like to, probably my own fault for sharing my handle but it's still irritating Mad
Feh. Such people are impolite, to understate my opinion.

Miss Valentine wrote:
I guess I could eventually get used to all the problems at KH3, everyone does. But I don't like how it seems to be drawing me away from FFNet. It's no secret that Kain, as much as his heart is in the right place, would love for a merger to happen, or at least for FFNet to pick up and grab more attention, adding me to the KH3 staff is a rather clever way of doing either of those things. But with all that and the current problems I'm facing in real life, with my poor son who's more and more each day looking like he isn't going to ever lead a normal life (he's being assessed for Autism and ADD, he isn't potty trained and is big for his age so handling him physically is really tiring), I just don't know if I can cope with it.
In order:
-What!? No! A merger would destroy FFNet! No
-[sympathy]

Miss Valentine wrote:
I feel so sad about FFNet, the future there looks so uncertain. I don't personally think a merger would work, there are some decent people coming over from KH3 but a lot of other people there just stick their nose up at our humble family. Merging them would just put us in a lonely corner or break us apart altogether, and I can tell that some of the people coming over from KH3 aren't always gonna be very welcome (idiots would just trash the site).
Seriously, that would be bad! Very bad! I can;t express how much that pwould be bad for us! I can;t proper use grammar right now. Sad/shocked/whatever.

Miss Valentine wrote:
I'm gonna end my rant now. I've already had some great advice from some of you, don't know how I'd cope without you guys. I'm just gonna keep playing things by ear and try to chill out, otherwise burnout would just be no good for me or Jonathan. He's going to the hospital at the end of the month, so maybe seeing if he's made any progress will ease my nerves a little bit. It's hard to stay positive, but I'm certainly gonna try. Isn't that what keeps us together sometimes? I care about you all, and hopefully we'll pull through Very Happy
In order:
-Same about the coping (dark humor: SE would get more traffic if FFNet... Crying or Very sad )
-IRL issues: [more sympathy] [hope and optimism and all that]
-I care about all of you, too, Miss V, Firesnake, Terminal, chaos, midgar, Tidus... everyone here and at FFNet, all of you... We've got to survive this, we've survived worse times... It shouldn;t have gotten that bad, and things are getting better. FFNet's going to survive, and hopefully Sorrow's elegance is going to become as great as FFNet ever has been! I know (read: hope) it will! Everything should eventually turn out okay.

[hopeful grin with sad eyes and single tear wavering on one eyelid]
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:01 am

I'm so glad you feel that way JET, it's just such a messed up situation, and I keep getting questions about FFNet over on KH3- "ZOMG WHY IZ UR FORUM SO DEADED?" "um, what's with FFNet?" "is that place some kind of sick joke?" "can I have my lollipop now" (well that last one was made up but it illustrates the maturity of some of the people *_*).

I'm gonna take some time to brainstorm over the next week or so, over both FFNet and this place. So far we've had ideas but not much has come from them, so this time I'm gonna really use my brain. If I'm honest, I've been in such a sad state that I was considering taking a long break from the internet altogether- this place, FFNet, KH3, MSN, everything. But then I figured that would just be running away from the problem. Sure RL is really tough right now but it's this community that helps me cope with RL, it's become a big part of my routine every day to get Jonny safely tucked in bed, sign on in MSN and take care of the forums. I don't want to stop doing that.

But the merger idea is a problem. Kain is stuck in the middle because he wants both forums to get along, and hates seeing one lag behind the other. But I think he knows in his heart that a merger would be disasterous. Tough call for him, really. The only answer I can find is to make FFNet really work. He insists on being admin for both, which is a shame because there are people on FFNet that would be happy for the job, but hey, he has his reasons.

I wish there was a way we could communicate these problems to the other people at FFNet without scare-mongering or attracting Kain's attention. Then with more people to discuss the problem maturely, we could make a big move forward?
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:48 am

Glad you;re feeling better, it was really... sadness-increasing to hear how down you were. As for the kh3 vs.FFNet's forum deadness problem, a mod (other than you, at this point you posting such a thread would only decrease the respect KH3 members have for you anf FFNet) could set up a thread on which KH3 members (hopefully mature KH3 members) could help with ideas, that could also be applied to KH3 so that it's not just about FFNet freeloading on another site's brainpower. That may only cause more respect problems, though. I'll be thinking of ways FFNet can prosper, though theyy may not be good ideas, but if all of us here at FFNet and SE work together on this, and maybhe a few of the better people at KH3, I know we can make FFNet as great as it once was, or even better! *anime-style "victory" pose, with rised fist, captain morgan-esque pose, starry eyes, and big, hopeful grin*
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:28 am

That's a good idea. In fact I might choose a few members I can trust and invite them to Sorrow's Elegance, then set up such a thread to brainstorm ideas on. That way we'll have peace and quiet away from the idiots on KH3, I think the ones I choose would understand our problems and hopefully help. Do you think this would work?
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:35 am

Yea. There are certainly members of KH3 that are intelligent and courteous and kindly and responsible and friendly and all that that they could and might help us. I've recognized them from back when I frequented KH3, so I know they;re still there (but it's been a while, so [implied curse] if I can remember who they are off the top of my head.)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:33 am

Right, I'm gonna get in touch with lonbilly, keyblademaster69 (Cloud4ever) and Chaser's Apprentice, see if they can help.
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Midgar Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:45 am

We live our lives, passing the years, and we soon realize that one of the things that is completely unavoidable are recurring themes. We revisit old places, meet up with old friends, and watch the same movies over and over. It seems that it is a sad reality that the recurring theme of ffnet is it's continued challenge with recruiting new members who stick around for very long, despite everyone's blatant awareness of the problem.

It isn't anyones fault, least of all yours MV. And we know these things frustrate you as much as the rest of us. We, the regulars, have been given a gift with ffnet... a chance, even if for just a period of time, to have some great times and have a lot of fun. These things have a way of running out of steam, whether we want them to or not. But the great thing about the Internet is the ease of keeping in touch via alternative methods. Even if ffnet merges with KH3, we will always have this forum in order to regroup. And it will last as long as any of us wish it to. Plus, everyone is always always happy to get PMs and emails. Smile

A while back, and I'm sure you all remember, we had a stranger visit ffnet inquiring about how to buy the rights to the forum. He was met with some hostility, but he raised a good point. He said the forum has great potential... and he was right, it does. And what do you think makes that happen? Why it is the people of course... US. We will take our essence with us, wherever we go.

My main frustrations are with the forum's info home site, which has not been updated in pretty much a year now. I think this is one of the primary inhibitions which prevents drawing new surfers into the forum. Why check out a site's forum page when the site itself seems to have been abandoned by the owner? It's almost common sense, I myself may of never stumbled upon ffnet if I didn't come across a random thread which caught my attention via a Google search. Whereever this Alex fellow is who owns ffnet, I hope he is happy with his decisions. It's not like he is making any money off of the site, you would think he would at least hand the keys over to someone who would make something of it.

But, as you have surmised MV, it would seem some ulterior motives may be in the works. If the forum ceased to be, then so be it. Just make sure you tell Kain to shove it all up his ass before the final axe falls, and please, by all means, tell him that MidgarFanatic sends his love. Haha.
Mr. Midgar
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:54 am

Hehehehehehehehe ^^
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Firesnakious Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:40 am

I like the "shove it up his ass" part the most ^^
Firesnakious
Firesnakious

Male
Number of posts : 3853

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Midgar Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:20 am

This was such a mean post, I don't know why I wrote it. Haha, I'm gonna edit it to make it more nice, LOL.
Mr. Midgar
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:45 am

Yeah he's not such a bad guy really, just a bit slow sometimes. I like how he kicked starlightCRUSH's ass over on FFNet Razz
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum