Kampai Training Grounds- Rules discussion

Go down

Kampai Training Grounds- Rules discussion

Post by JET73L on Sat May 17, 2008 12:34 am

Okay, since we added a swords simulator to the Kampai thread, it has become a sort of battle thread. This is unacceptable (for extended periods of time, anyway). I have undertaked thatwe shall open a new battle thread, the grand opening of which shall be as soon as the battle ends betwen Miss Valentine and I in the Kampai! thread. THis thread is not the battle thread itself, it is merely the rules discussion thread. I shall open the battle thread once the other battle is over if this grants enough interest that a proper set of guidelines can be announced.

-Minimal godmodding!
you can explain what your attack should do, or give examples of two different outcomes of a chain attack, dependingwhether the first attack succeeeded or failed, but you can;t say, for instance,

Jupitaur: I block Minos' attack, and counter with my own. He is flung against the wall, and falls into a pit of lava, which I then freeze into lava rock, trapping him.
Minos: Hey, No fair! just fpor that I break out of the lava rock and win the battle with a one-hit KO!
Jupitaur: Hey! No fair!
both: Blah blah, I won, blah blah, you're stupid, blah blah, I'm trelling the admins to ban you for cheating!

This would be solved ahead of time if Jupitaur had stated that Minos was thrown back towards a pit of lava. If he lands in it, Jupitaur would freeze it, if not, he would ready a block for when Minos recovers from the fall.

-No infinite chains!
You can attempt a chain attack as above, but do not let it become unmanageably long. If you have more than two to three series of attacks, or refuse to explain what you would have done if an earlier attack had not worked, the attack chain is broken and damage is given to the initiator.

Incorrect:
Satyrn: After recieving minor damage from Alpha's attack, I then summon a trap hole under him. After he falls in, I use Flod and Icega to cause a large amount of damage.
AlphaCentaur: No, I didn;t fall in. While you waste your MP, I walk around behind you, I stab you with my thunder katana for severe damage and temporary lower-body paralysis.
Satyrn: No fair!
Admins: Yes fair, you didn;t read the rules, Satyrn.

Incorrect:
Satyrn: I summon a trap hole, and push ALpha in, and fill it with water using flood, and use thunder to electrify all the water, and then use my percussion rifle to collapse the trap hole, and summon Shiva to atack him and freeze the water on his clothes whenever he gets out.
Admins: No way, too complicated an attack chain. Satyrn doesn;t fall in, your turn and your magic power is wasted. AlphaCentaur, your turn.
AlphaCentaur: Yay!

Correct: Satyrn: I summon a trap hole, and use the percussion rifle to knock Alpha towards it. If he falls i, I fill it with water using Flood, if he doesn;t, I fire the rifle for an atack with sonic damage.
Alpha Centaur: Okay, I fell in the pitfall. I use Geyser to launch me out and towards Satyrn before it fills with water, and aim the thunder katana to strike him when I land.

No invincibility!!!
Vaughn Halsing: I attack using silver-tipped crossbow bolt.
Lycano: No effect. I attack with ninja claws.
Vaughn_Halsing: I block with arm. Minor damage. Too close to use crossbow, so I kick at Lycan's feet and throw him off balance.
Lycano: I wasn;t off balance, you kicked me and fell over because I didn;t move. I attack again with ninja claws.
Vaughn_Halsing: You suck! I accuse you of cheating!
Admins: Vaughn's right, you know. We find Lycano guilty of attempted invincibility. He forfeits the match to Vaughn_Halsing.

4. lesser rules

5. limits
-Spells: (unless granted by an item, chocobo feather/win, tome of ice, etc)
healing: 3 level 1, 1 level 2, 1 level 3
attack: 3 level 1, 3 level 2, 1 level 3
Haste: 3 haste, 2 Hastega, duration 5 turns Hatega, 3 turns haste
aero: unlimited aero, 2 aeroga, 2 turn duration when used on items, 3 turns for aero, 5 turns for aeroga
-items: one use for each item, infinite uses for weapon.
-summons: one time for each summon, three summons per player per battle

6.other

If anyone has any suggestions, please say so here. I'm not yet done wirth the list, it still needs fine-tuning.
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kampai Training Grounds- Rules discussion

Post by Miss Valentine on Sat May 17, 2008 2:38 pm

This is awesome!!! Very Happy

You're right, a separate thread for battles is a more sensible idea, as long as they are still run under the Kampai! name then I have no objection ^^
Miss Valentine

Female
Number of posts : 4653
Registration date : 2007-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos' Master on Mon May 19, 2008 5:50 pm

hmmm....I might throw in some rules we created in FFF cause we've been doing RPs for quite a while and we have some pretty good catches that might not be seen for a whille.

I'll post any ones not covered here and also I'll link to a few battles in FFF so that those who haven't really RPed much can have a sense of what to do.
Chaos' Master

Male
Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2007-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos' Master on Mon May 19, 2008 6:02 pm

here, these are the rules as copied from FFF. I know a few were already stated, but I've decided I'm too lazy to take them out and such.
also, I'm not sure whether some of this will apply, but it does work for us and if you so choose, it might make things go easier.

1. Create RP Character First!

Before participating in and RP, you must create a character using the required criteria for that RP board!

2. No Godmoding!

You cant have bullits bounce off you, and absolutly NO ONE HIT KILLS! And no making it so all of your attacks will hit, It is up to the other person you are fighting.

3. No overuse of Power Playing!

In other words, no taking control of another persons character. A little is fine as long as they can do the same to you.

4. No Cybering!

If you are caught cybering, then you will be banned immediately! Cybering is a major disgrace to Role Playing.

5. No RP Crashing!

If a RP battle is was set up for certain people, DO NOT JOIN! You can only join if the thread creator says so.

6. No Sigs.

While RPing, please take off Sigs when posting. It makes it easier to read what’s going on and looks neater

Also, the link I promised is right here, but we are all a bit experienced with this, so If you have any questions direct them to me and I'll answer them as best I can.....you could also ask puppet if you so desire.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/FFForever/index.php?showtopic=90

and if you want to know, the abilities are described on the character's respective pages, but it has very little to do with what actually happens in a battle, except for the fact that each character has to be okayed by an admin or moderator of that subforum before the characters can be employed, so there is very little unfairness going around.
Chaos' Master

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine on Tue May 20, 2008 1:36 pm

Thanks for your contributions!!

If things go well I'm thinking of finding or asking permission to make an area dedicated to the battle threads (kinda like the Gardens on FFF, hope that's ok ^^). For now I'll keep everything in here and see how things go.
Miss Valentine

Female
Number of posts : 4653
Registration date : 2007-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L on Thu May 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Excellent, Chaos, thanks! Two things:
1. What's cybering?
2. Controlling another player is allowable under control spells such as Shadow Paralysis Jutsu or Body Steal. Depending on the skill or spell, the caster can;t defend themself in a multi-person fight without dropping the spell. Control spells are limited to one or three turns, if someone could use a limitless control spell, it would count as a win or stalemate in a two-person battle, so it won't be allowed.

I'll post again once I get a list of HP scores, MP scores, MP costs, and reasonable attack damages typed up. If anyone objects to anything I post here, just say so. I intend to type a finished rules list into another thread, so it doesn;t particularly matter if this thread is doisorganized. Just, I don;t know, highlight the accepted rules in green, and maybe the rules currently under discussion in, say, orange, unless you can suggest a better color. Newly suggested rules and rules that aren't currently being debated for inclusion or syntax should be in plain white font (or whatewver color your computer shows the basic font as)

Edit: I meant to post this the other day, but my internet c0onnectiuon died. Hopefully, it's woreking again for the long-term. In the meantime, I shall continue work on typing out suggestions for points values.

Edit: Here's what I've written oput so far. If you have any schanges, or suggestions of things I've missed, go ahead and say so.

Suggested point values:
-HPs start around 1000, maximum... no maximum, or 5000, but Full Heals heal to 1000. Starting HP 75% for magic users/academics
-MPs start around 100, 150 for magic users/academics
-Basic attack depends on weapon, barehanded attack is around... 80?

Movement and defense:
-3 moves per turn, plus one suggested reaction
-Armor may be worn, but mid-weight (thick leather, chainmail) armor reduces speed to two moves per turn, and heavy (metal) armor reduces moves to one per turn, and nullifies basic physical attacks (barring non-elemental summons, etc). Lightweight armor (fabrics, accessories, flexible leather) may have an effect on elemental attacks, but does nothing to block physical attacks.
-Shield may be used as secondary weapon

Items:
Potions heal 100(limit 5, one used at a time)
Hyper potions heal 1000 (limit 1)
Ether: Heal 30 MP (3 per battle)
Super Ether: Heal 60 MP(2 per battle)
Max Ether: Restore all MP (1 per battle)
Elixers heal 500hp, 80 MP (limit 2)
Megalixers heal to 1000 hp, or +500 if HP is over 1000, and restore 150 MP
Chocobo Feather=Haste
Chocobo Wing=Hastega
Spell-producing items such as bomb cores or thunder shards do as much damage as as basic attack spell, cost zero MP, and can only be used once per battle. Spell-producing items must recognizably be from the Final Fantasy series.

Magic:
-Basic magic attack (fire, Ice, thunder) can be used 3 times, and cost 5 MP. Has a base damage of a barehanded attack, but may have other effects due to elemental damage or use
-second-level attacks have an effect 1.5 times that of a basic attack, and can be used 3 times, but cost 10 MP. Slightly greater effect than basic magic if used on environment.
-Third- (firaga) and fourth-level (iceja) spells can only be used once during a battle, and cost 20 and 25 MP respectively, but deal 3 times that of a basic attack, and cause catastrophic damage to the playing field (more focused in the case of third-level, more widespread for fourth-level)
Rule under consideration: 3rd-level spells cost 2 moves, rather than 1, $th-level spells require at least two remaining actions and end turn.
-named spells (Flood) count as asentient summons
-Speed spells: Haste lasts 3 turns and can be used 3 times, increases Evade skills and costs 10 MP. Hastega lasts five turns and costs 25 MP, but allows one extra move on the turn it is cast.

Summons:
-Summons can each only be used once per battle, with a limit of three summons per battle
-only one summon per battle may be used for a direct attack, others may be used as shields or environmental effects.

Sentient summons: (example FFX, FFXII) must be referenced as such when summoned. Generally cost 50 MP.
--Start with 200 HP, 150 base attack per turn.
--weakened attack (ice vs. fire) does 1/4 damage, neutral attack does normal dammage plus altered effects (thunder attack versus fire summon), strong attacks do double damage against summon (water attack versus fire summon). Same-type attacks (fire attacxk vs. fire summon) heal the summon by the amount of damage they would do to a neutral element (thunder attack vs. fire summon).

Asentient summons: attack once, or shield a separately determined number of times, before disappearing. Generally cost 30 MP.
--may shield indefinitely from attack against which the summon is strong (ice summon vs. ice attack, fire summon vs. ice attack), shields twice against an attack against they are matched (fire summon vs. thunder attack), shields half the damage and disappears if attacked by an attack strong against the summon (ice summon vs. fire attack). Same-type attacks are absorbed completely, and do not count as a block.
--time out after three turns

Practice battle: 200 base HP. No MP limit. High-level magic and asentient summons may only be used for environmental effects, not attacks or blocks. Unarmed attacks do 20 damage. Potions (maximum of 3) heal 50 HP

Character types:
Mage/Academic: 150 max/start MP, 75% of basic attack power (attack power decrease under consideration)
Physical skillset: 100 max/start MP, 100% of basic attack power
Barbarian: 0 max/start MP, 150/200% of basic attack power (Attack power increase under consideration.

Barbarians can use mgical items (talismans, powerup charms) with a success rate 80% that of a mage, athletic, or academic as long as they require no MP, and can use weapons with magical abilities (singing swords, +10 Club of 1/6th Gravity) with a success rate equal to mages, athletics, and academics who have not studied the item.

Academics can Study magical or technological items (under consideration) to halve the probablity of a malfunction.
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos' Master on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:59 pm

Well, Cybering is, well, acting out sex-ish things over the web.

And, by controlling the player's actions, it was meant to be something like:

Sajvad: I shoot an arrow at your feet and, after you jump back, I rush at you after drawing my blade.
Vilen: I block your rush and kick you in the stomach, making you fly backwards into a tree. I throw my sword like a javelin at you.

basically, you can make your opponent do a little bit of something in your post, but nothing too bad, like in my example, when sajvad's post made Vilen jump back and when Vilen made Sajvad fly backwards into a tree. small things like that in your post were okay in FFF as long as your opponent was able to do the same to you. Basically, most of it was forcing fair play and keeping the RP part for RPing.
Chaos' Master

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down